- Local Attractions
Peter's tower (Czech: Petrská věž) is bell tower near St. Peter's church. Erected in 1598 it creates a symbol of this park of the city and together with Church of St. Peter gave the name to the entire quarter. Small park around the Church invites you to rest on the benches under the trees.
Štvanice Power Station
On the western tip of one of the oldest islands in Prague stands a striking industrial building in the Art-nouveau style. It is a building with a cupola built in the year 1903–1914 to serve as a low-pressure run-of-the-river hydroelectric power station. The architect, Alois Dlabač, took the inspiration from the motifs of French castle architecture. The dominant feature of the building is the four-sided and 22 meter high tower, crowned by a circular cupola. The four-meter water level difference of the Helmovsky weir was utilized during the construction of the power station facility. Originally the power station was using three Francis turbines built by the company Kolben and Danek. One of the turbines is now exhibited in the gardens outside the premises. In the year 1973 the plant was shut down due to its significant wear and the penstock pipes were sealed with concrete – it was the last hydroelectric power station on the Vltava river. In the years 1984–1987 it was reconstructed and in 1988, after a year-long test run, it was put into full use again.
A leading European opera house located in a magical neo-Renaissance building with a richly decorated interior. The theatre opened as a German theatre in Prague in 1881 with Wagner's opera Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg. With its spacious auditorium and neo-Rococo decoration, it's one of the most beautiful theatre buildings in Europe. The State Opera is part of the National Theatre, and is the scene of opera and ballet performances.
This modern shopping centre was built from 2005 to 2007 in a former barracks. On the foundations of the original building and courtyard, an entirely new building was constructed. With an area of 115,000 m2, Palladium has more shops, restaurants and services in a single location than anywhere else in the historical centre of the city. The underground floors house the largest parking garage in the city centre.
Museum of Decorative Arts
Museum of Decorative Arts – House at the Black Madonna
A masterpiece of Czech Cubist architecture, the building was constructed from 1911–1912 according to designs by the Czech architect Josef Gočár. It's located in the Old Town between Celetná Street and Ovocný trh. Its name comes from the Baroque statue that is located on its corner. After a complete renovation the building has become home to a Museum of Decorative Arts exhibition about Cubism and original Grand Café Orient, caffeteria, that takes you back in time.
Staroměstské náměstí Old Town Square
The most significant square of historical Prague, it was founded in the 12th century and has been witness to many historical events. In addition to the Old Town Hall and the Church of Our Lady before Týn, the square is dominated by the Baroque Church of St Nicholas, the Rococo Kinský Palace, the Gothic House at the Stone Bell and the monument to Jan Hus. In the pavement of the square are memorial stones marking the execution of 27 Czech lords in 1621, and the Prague meridian.
Municipal House and Powder Tower
Art Nouveau masterpiece’s brotherhood with gothic fortification tower belongs to favourite touristic spots. Great place to meet, to eat, to listen to music, to begin walking to the Prague Casle along the „King’s road“.
Traditional czech food
Ambiente Pizza Nueva
Hotel Clement Prague
110 00 Praha 1
"Very comfortable stay"Mike W - United Kingdom
"Feel at home"siba016 - Germany
"So central and good service"Caterina A
"Awesome hotel"Romi O